15.7.10

We were fixing an installation at Forte de Basso when he sent me off via taxi. He armed me w/ a to-get list on a slip of paper, instructions on to-and-from, + i was off on an obscure errand to find hardware in a foreign city where i did not understand the roads, language or currency. The taxi driver rolled away into the pouring rain + darkening sky. Cold dread was written on Kyle's face as though he had just made the worst mistake + mega-regret of an entire lifetime ... reading as, What have I done? I’m never going see her again.

"Okay," he said brightly, "We can each have 3 and a half headaches.
-kb, after counting the aspirin for the unth time.

jahh / Script for a practicing artist + an unfinished life.

15 comments:

  1. ha. love that quote...lol.

    hope she survived...i guess it is all in your willingness to ask for help along the way...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling that the appetite for such journeys into the unknown fades with age - which, on the whole, is a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Great Unknown remains to fight another day............

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful smattering of a story that I am finishing off in my head... of course she has a great adventure and that hardware store is Killer!
    one can never have too many aspirins! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your header.....

    the unknown seems to be welcomed more now, than younger.

    Nothing wrong wrong with that....

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good. 3 and one half headaches. I think the Kyle stories deserve a book. Journeys with Kyle. Seriously.
    Then you can do journeys with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some folks push us to our limits & that all in all is not a bad thing, aspirin included.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CM; Perhaps the 'unknown seems to be welcomed more now', because we are foolishly more confident?

    Lonnie, Yeh, I've seen that look on your face, too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. j: "because we are foolishly more confident? "......not sure about you, but the mystery of the unknown, since you can't really control anything in reality, once accepted, is freeing, in a way.

    That's what I keep telling myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your header & your quote.... me like!!

    Thanx for kind comments on my blog - I love them!!

    Agneta, the swed..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am like Hansel and Gretel without the trail of bread crumbs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made me smile Jayne, at least he was prepared for the headaches :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should join 10thDoM and expand these you big tease!

    ReplyDelete