...to stand on the meeting of two eternities, the past and future, which is precisely the present moment; to toe that line. -H D Thoreau

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be
to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time. -
T. S. Eliot

22.3.12



I am rarely a bud found blushing in a dystopian movie.
Okay, bad start.
Again.
Our hopeful faces turn one by one toward the weak dawn light.
Again.
The filtered dawn breaks harsh over the landscape, creeping painfully slow over each dewy face. 
We strain our energy toward the new day practicing our guiding principles;
Be content with your color.
Be content in all weather.
Be content in overcrowding or unaided and alone.
No root wrestling.

Not great, but now I’ve lost the chain.
I think, perhaps, we flora should be happy just to be beautiful and not worry too much about sounding clever with our language of flowering bouquet.
Poor ending.
Indict me. Just, please don’t step on me.

12 comments:

  1. lol... no root wrestling... love the language of flowers and your piece... on what substrate pray tell? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, perhaps, we should be happy just to be beautiful and not worry too much about sounding clever with language of flowers.


    smiles....i love that...an nah i wont step on you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indict me. Just, please don’t step on me.

    wouldn't dream of it, jayne. just happy to 'see' you over there in my sidebar... : )

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you an ant? i think you're safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look who's back! Hooray. I thought this was fun and, hey, there's some good advice in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay...got it! Yep good to see you back Jayne. I am neither beautiful nor clever but - content.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah! Not many are happy just to be beautiful :). I like the wisdom woven in with humor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. scattering a few scented petals sounds like a plan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the honesty of admitting a "bad start". Not that I agree with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, women, we are beautiful flowers not to be trampled. :) At least that's what I got out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi cuz Jayne--- hope you're doing well and having fun with cuz Bon-Bon and all. Please email me with your current valid email.
    I Love this post and have SHAREd it on my FB Wall. Peace to y'all.

    ReplyDelete