...to stand on the meeting of two eternities, the past and future, which is precisely the present moment; to toe that line. -H D Thoreau

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be
to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time. -
T. S. Eliot

17.6.10

Well, gee, it’s been a while.
Enough about that.


You know how some things keep coming around again?
Well, prayer ties, of a sort, have been in my work for a long while. I use to, and again, print them onto tattered fabric strips and cinch them around while on walks. When ever I was visiting a museum, a library, a park, places that I thought may need one or two to be found.
I do remember securing them to platform bars when ever I saw a subway artist’s work...
Keith H. comes to mind.

None-the-less and so forforth...
Here are a few below, as I’ve just been reworking them into a small folded book of flyers to be cut up.
Cut & Scatter Prayer Ties

If you don’t want it to be true, change it.
----------------------------------------------------------
It’s not important to have reasons all of the time.
----------------------------------------------------------
Be prepared for cliffs and sharp moments
----------------------------------------------------------
Response / responsible / responsibility
----------------------------------------------------------
Be sure of distance, and space will become flat.
----------------------------------------------------------
Truth can always be repeated, because it can never be stated once and for all.

There you go, something to chew on.

16 comments:

  1. ha. love those little bits of wisdom you dropped there...much to ponder...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing prayer ties on a tree for the first time in '73 when I spent the summer in Japan. It's such a lovely ritual.

    I love the one about the reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those prayer ties. It is great work that you do! Blessed be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chew, chew, chew...never seen any meself but I like the taste of the second one here, in particular ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh!
    Is that what my little tags are?

    Small parcels of hope and wisdom with colorful ties to tie it on to something?

    thanks for giving them a name..will have to look up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, prayers - prayer ties - . that's what we are all doing here, religion or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "We are all angels where our wings meet"
    Jayne Harnett Hargrove

    ReplyDelete
  8. I reckon we never have enough of them. -j

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen prayer ties, but i love the idea. And yout prayers are great!

    I'm glad you've received the card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Post Reminds me of thisphoto I took in Istanbul as few years ago.Notice behind the Lad's head? The trees were covered in what i assumed were prayer-ties.which ,I guess, means its a concept in Islam too?

    ReplyDelete
  11. have you ever heard about Loesje http://www.loesje.org/
    it's great and your post reminds of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely idea.
    I've enjoyed looking through your blogs.....great artwork!

    And I share with you a fondness for Crete; been there 3 times and will definitely go again :-)

    ReplyDelete