6.5.10

Stop waiting, there is no image.
I figure you’ve seen enough PINK by the time you got here....

These are lyrics from
BOUNDIN’
one of my favorite animated shorts.
It’s not political, though it could be, it’s not dark, nobody dies.
It’s just fun.
This is the part that when the Great American Jackalope is trying to cheer up the Miserable Pink Shorn Sheep.

...“Pink? Pink? Well, what’s wrong with pink?
Seems you’ve got a pink kink in your think.
Does it matter what color? Well, that gets nope.
Be it pink purple or heliotrope.
Now sometimes you’re up and sometimes you’re down,
When you find that you’re down well just look around:
You still got a body, good legs and fine feet,
Get your head in the right place and hey, you’re complete!”

“Now as for the dancin’, you can do more,
You can reach great heights, in fact you can soar.
You just get a leg up and ya slap it on down,
And you’ll find you’re up in what’s called a bound.
Bound, bound, and rebound.
Bound and you’re up right next to the sky,
And I think you can do it if you give it a try,
First get a leg up, slap it on down…”

It was first shown along with The Incredibles in 2003 Written, Animated & Voiced by Bud Luckey. (of PIXAR)

Bud Luckey, and what a great name.








Here's a link... sorry I cant figure how to embed it.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4261130809957959046#


Happy Pink TT.

25 comments:

  1. Brian, we maybe would have missed this one sans-kids! -J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just realised that I need to introduce 'heliotrope' into general conversation more. What a lovely word. I might even need a pair of heliotrope-coloured socks or some such - just as a useful sort of prop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this. Even without the pink pictures... :) Well done.
    Happy TT! Love/ JO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be fun to work at Pixar...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink kink in your think - love it!

    My post for Pink, close to my heart, is up here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many times have we looked like the pink before the Jackalope came along?!!! Loverly - L

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/05/06/theme-thursday-think-pink-thoughts/

    mine is here,
    I appreciate your time!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He he, remember the incredibles. This made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have kids and I didn't miss it. The Wonder Husband loves animation.

    P.S. You figured right.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that one. Heck, I don't think I've seen a Pixar short I haven't loved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never seen this.
    I am now trying to interpret it from a British political perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alan, I imagined you might! Let me know what you find out. -J

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Jayne! I love your blog, and I LOVE that animated short!!!

    Have a great weekend and I'll see ya soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely animation, thank you for the introduction. I lve that pink owl! Have a great week end xj

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha that's a bit different for you! I haven't seen the Incredibles . . I guess my lot are a little older. 'pink kink in your think' yeh prolly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes yes yes, I love it!!

    Agneta

    ReplyDelete
  17. i never could figure out how to embed videos either...i give up.

    like your new header too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I remember seein' this...it reads kinda Suessish, heh, heh...

    ReplyDelete