...to stand on the meeting of two eternities, the past and future, which is precisely the present moment; to toe that line. -H D Thoreau

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be
to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time. -
T. S. Eliot

2.3.09


I really thought I was going to miss out getting to appreciate this part.
I thought ‘Drew had skipped what I had always recognized as a privilege and important development of a boy. Those of you who have young sons know what I am talking about. Those of you grown men will remember when the Copycat Gene kicked in. Time was when you could mimic, like my son does now, the sounds of a race starting, a battle commencing, blowing up buildings, pistols, riffles, and machine guns. The more advanced sounds I’ve been recognizing include outboard motor boats, wenches wenching, and toilets flushing. But, I reckon a repertoire would not be complete without perfecting the Darth Vader breathy breathy thing.

176
Drew’s eyes were closed and he was about to fall asleep, but he had one last idea,
“What if our life is on the movie screen and the cartoons are watching us?”


“All kids have to go through their ‘song writing’ phase, you know that.” Mrs. Moran.

1 comment:

  1. Drew is amazing to me.
    I don't know Mrs. Moran--is she "real"??

    ReplyDelete